Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Huntsville, AL

This weekend I took a quick trip to see Margo and Brian in Huntsville. It seems that I am never actually in Little Rock. When I was driving down Hwy. 72 towards Decatur, AL, I saw this amazing sunset and decided to take a picture. I happened to miss a turn or think i missed a turn and ended up making a slight detour just for this picture! When I arrived Margo and Brian immediately took me to El Omeca (their favorite Mexican restaurant)! On Saturday Margo and I went on a bit of a shopping spree. Margo found some great furniture: a desk for her office and an outdoor couch. When Pottery Barn loaded up my car with the couch we needed some twine. They came back with grosgrain ribbon - the kind they wrap their gifts with. Margo and I thought it was hilarious and had to take a picture.

On my drive back Sunday afternoon I stopped in Iuka, MS to get a subway snack and passed by two historical landmarks: Piggly Wiggly and the oldest Walmart I have seen in a while.

A little bit further down the road I passed by a BINGO center... one of many that I saw on Hwy. 72. It seems like a popular thing in all the "certified retirement communities" that you pass through.
When I was about to cross the Mississippi river, I came across a truck hauling a ton of fire hydrants in all different colors. I thought this was pretty cool. There were red and blue ones too.

No comments: