Monday, June 21, 2010

Wakarusa 2010



My first major music festival ever!! It was a blast. Rory and I arrived around 9 pm on Wednesday night and stayed through Sunday morning. Rory's Uncle Robert and his friends reserved and RV spot. It was in the shade, we had water and electricity hook up. We also got the luxury of showers and real restrooms. A commodity that I was very appreciative of after about 20 minutes in the heat. There were a lot of great shows there and some very interesting people!


For example, I didn't realize that hula hoops were a popular item for anyone over the age of 12.





Here is a picture of one of Rory's favorite bands - The Black Keys. This was a great show. Everyone that was staying at the RV site with us set up an umbrella and a few chairs. I felt bad about blocking a good view, but shade was hard to come by.


This Umbrella was the first one we had set up. The next few times we set up a tarp for cover so we could fit more people underneath.


One of the stages was located under a giant tent! It was the best place to be. Complete shade with a breeze and cool grass. Here we are taking a break from the heat in between shows!


Right by this tent was a ton of food, another stage and a carnival set up. We didn't go on any rides, but it looked like fun!

No comments: