Second blog post in a row with no pictures! But I felt that it was necessary to tell you about Easter Weekend in Little Rock!
Most everyone made the trip to Little Rock for Easter and Margo's Baby Shower.
On Thursday night I got to see Margo, Brian, Julie and Steve at the Purple Cow! (In case anyone was wondering, I had a mint chocolate chip shake). We parted ways until 10:30am the next morning when everyone came to visit Hendrix and see the new building. I then spent most of my remaining dining dollars and treated everyone to lunch in the new and improved cafeteria! It was chicken strips and mac and cheese as always!
When I headed to the airport to pick up Mom and Pop. Rory, Brian and Ryan were headed to the races in Hot Springs! Mom and Pop had met some very nice young man for Kristen Catalani on the airplane. We then dashed off to Whole Foods for a quick bite before we got ready to meet up with Margo. While Pop napped, we headed to the mall and did some shopping!
That evening we went to the Oyster Bar for some high quality fried food! It was delicious. Then Margo called it an early night and headed back to the Routon's house. Mom, Pop, Rory and I met up with some of my friends at a wine bar in North Little Rock. It was a blast. Mom and Pop were introduced to the best iphone application - Words with Friends. They kept playing all weekend, it was a blast. I found out that Words with Friends considers "sexts" to be a real word. I was shocked but it got Mom 24 points for playing it!
On Saturday morning I cooked breakfast for mom and pop at my house and then we watch some Final Four highlights. Then Pop met up with Mickey and Lauren and Mom and I headed to hillcrest to do some shopping!
At 2pm all the ladies headed to Margo's Baby Shower. Julie, Jan and Sarah did a great job decorating! The cake was confetti cake... which was amazing. Baby Alford was definitely throwing a party in Margo's belly :)
That evening we all cooked out at Julie's house and watched the West Virginia coach have a love session with his hurt player. (http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/dasean-butlers-injury-brings-painful-ending-to-west-virginias-season.html)
The next day we went to church and then had a great brunch at Boscos with the Alfords and the Routons!
I hope everyone had a great Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment